Friday, June 29, 2012

'As his youngest son I can say unequivocally that Composer Hale Smith was without equal as an Artist, husband, and father.'

[Hale Smith (1925-2009)]





Hale Smith is profiled at AfriClassical.com, which features a complete Works List by Dr. Dominique-René de Lerma, http://www.CasaMusicaledeLerma.com

Today AfriClassical posted: "Innovative Composer Hale Smith (1925-2009) Was Born June 29."

The composer's youngest son has made a comment which we feel deserves a post of its own:

As his youngest son I can say unequivocally that Composer Hale Smith was without equal as an Artist, husband, and father. He was the most brilliant and most decent man I have ever met or ever hope to meet. America and the Arts rightly mourns the passing of this magnificent man; he was to put it simply quite irreplaceable. Yet to me he was in the end just my Pop, my Old Geezer. He was my confidant and my best friend. He will be forever missed and forever cherished in my heart.

Eric Smith
June 29, 2012 2:14 PM



Comments by email:
Thank you for the posting.
Juanita Smith




Dear Bill: Thanks for keeping Hale Smith alive to so many young people who can trace the Truth through Hale Smith’s life, music and other gifts he shared with this world. I spoke with Juanita early this morning. So I’m confident this tribute brightened her days and her memories. To know that my mentor and teacher lives on make my life worth living.  All the best…
Regina Baiocchi  

No comments: