Monday, November 8, 2010

Shirley Verrett at Chicago's DuSable Museum, in photos from Barbara Wright-Pryor



[I Never Walked Alone; Shirley Verret With Christopher Brooks; Wiley (2003). Barbara Wright-Pryor's photos of Shirley Verrett (2004)]

On November 6, 2010 AfriClassical posted: “NYTimes.com: 'Shirley Verrett, Opera Singer of Power and Grace, Is Dead at 79.'” Our friend Barbara Wright-Pryor, President of the Chicago Music association, has kindly sent a link to her Facebook page, which features several photos of Shirley Verrett. She also refers to the singer's autobiography, I Never Walked Alone:

“Dear Bill,
In May, 2004, Chicago Music Association and The Chicago Crusader newspaper (for which I am music critic) engaged Shirley Verrett to present a master class for young Chicago singers followed by a book signing of her newly-released autobiography as told to Christopher Brooks. I am including a link for just a few of those photos that I posted on Facebook. I have many more to share later.
Sincerely,
Barbara”

No comments: