Saturday, August 28, 2010

Kelly Hall-Tompkins Receives $15,000 Donation for Music Kitchen from Buck Family Foundation



[Kelly Hall-Tompkins]

Violinist Kelly Hall-Tompkins sends us news of a recent grant for Music Kitchen, which she founded and directs:

Music Kitchen Awarded $15,000 Grant from The Buck Family Foundation

Thanks again to the exposure from The New York Times feature last December, I was contacted by The Buck Family Foundation as the Music Kitchen Mission had piqued the interest of members of their board. Following an initial round of questions I was informed that Music Kitchen had progressed to their shortlist for funding consideration, and I was invited to give a live 1-hour presentation to the board this summer. Since my concertizing travels had me in South Dakota on the appointed day in July, the foundation was kind enough to allow me to make my Power Point Presentation over the internet via Skype!

Immediately following the presentation I was notified of the award. Many thanks to Stacey Morris and The Buck Family Foundation for their generosity, vision and support of Music Kitchen- Food for the Soul! Many thanks also to Michael Hill and The Dahl Arts Center in Rapid City, South Dakota for graciously facilitating the use of their conference room and ethernet hookup.

Comment by email:
Congratulations!! Keep up the great work you are doing for the benefit of music and humankind!! Dr. Timothy W. Holley, North Carolina Central University

No comments: